quinta-feira, 29 de maio de 2008

Brazil wins second key investment rating

For my international readers I let this little part of a text that I found on FT.com.
Sincerely speaking, this second classification didn't suprise us and the market didn't have a strong reaction. I wrote a post in Portuguese where I comment the fact that an important newspaper here in Brazil didn't bring this fact to the first page on its webpage. It's OK. Below we have link to the FT news.

By Jonathan Wheatley in São Paulo
Published: May 29 2008 23:09 | Last updated: May 29 2008 23:09


Fitch Ratings has given Brazil a second investment grade rating – following the lead of Standard & Poor’s on April 30 – opening the way to a potential flood of investment in the country from big institutional investors.

Many of these may invest in a country’s debt only if it has an investment grade rating from at least two of the three big agencies – S&P, Fitch and Moody’s.

Read more...

Nenhum comentário: